Customer Care Charter
Our Customer Charter
Putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
Our Commitment to your Services
South Holland District Council is committed to providing the best possible services for the people of South Holland. Our charter describes the levels of the service we aim to provide you with and our commitment to you.
Our Staff will:
- put you at the heart of everything we do
- be friendly, approachable and professional
- listen carefully and respect confidentially
- apologise if we get it wrong and put it right
- be committed to providing a high quality service
- continuously improve our service
- strive to offer value for money
- consult you and take your suggestions and views into account
- use all comments, compliments and complaints to improve our services
- provide detailed information on our website
- ensure that our information is well presented and up to date
- continue to improve access to all our premises
- treat you fairly, irrespectively of age, sex, religion, race cultural beliefs or disability
- use plain English and avoid jargon
- when you contact our Customer Service team, in whichever way you choose, they will:
- be polite, helpful and treat you with respect
- listen carefully to understand your needs
- give you their name or wear a name badge to identify themselves
- inform you of the actions they have taken or will take
When you contact us
Our aim is to bring your reason for contacting us to a satisfactory conclusion as often as possible when you first contact us
By web form
When you submit a web form we will:
- send a response within 24hrs to acknowledge receipt of your submission
- inform you who your email has been directed to if not dealt with by Customer Services
- when we respond, we will use the same professional courtesies as we do when we write to you
- acknowledge receipt of your letter within 10 workings days.
- if we are unable to resolve your query within this time we will send out an interim response to tell you how your enquiry is progressing.
- aim to answer your call promptly (within an average of 40 seconds)
- identify ourselves by name
- always aim to be polite, courteous and knowledgeable
- deal with your call for as long as is necessary
- we offer 24/7 access to our Services
- you can apply for Planning Applications, parking permits etc.
- you can pay for Council Tax, Business Rate, Housing Rents, parking fines etc.
- you can report fly tipping, missed bins.
Compliments, comments and complaints
At South Holland District Council, we aim to give you an excellent level of customer service. As a public service we want to make sure that our customers are happy with all our services all of the time. To help make this happen we want to hear from you.
Please let us know what you think of the service you have received, whether it is good or bad. If you have got a comment or a suggestion about how our services can be improved we want to know about it.
Information about the Compliments, comments and complaints procedure is available at: Feedback
Customer Access Strategy
South Holland District Council has a vision to be a digital council and you are able to read our Customer Access Strategy
How you can Contact us