Reviews (Gambling Premises)
Requests for a review of a premises licence can be made by interested parties or responsible authorities. However, it is for the licensing authority to decide whether the review is to be carried out. This decision will be made on the basis of whether the request for the review is relevant to the matters listed below:
- In accordance with any relevant code of practice issued by the Gambling Commission;
- In accordance with any relevant guidance issued by the Gambling Commission;
- Is reasonably consistent with the licensing objectives; and
- In accordance with the authority's statement of licensing principles.
Requests for reviews will not be considered by the Licensing Authority where:
- The request is frivolous or vexatious;
- It will not cause the authority to consider altering, revoking or suspending the licence; or
- It is substantially the same as previous representations or requests for review.
The licensing authority can also initiate a review of a licence if it feels it appropriate.
Please contact us if you would like to review a premises.