What information do we share?
We will use your information for council purposes and may share it between different departments and our councillors, as appropriate, either to provide the service you have requested or to perform our public tasks, including for any enforcement purposes.
We use commercial companies and partners to either store personal information or to manage it on our behalf. Where we have these in place we will impose suitable obligations on your behalf.
For legal reasons we may have to share personal information with organisations or individuals outside of the Council if that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, court order, legal process or enforceable governmental request
- for the detection and prevention of crime/fraudulent activity - see our web page on the National Fraud Initiative
- if there are serious risks to the public, our staff or to other professionals
- auditing and administering the use of public funds
- to protect a child or to protect adults who are thought to be at risk
Providing accurate information
It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you so that we can assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please tell us as soon as possible so that we can update your records. You can either contact the service department to advise them or you can use our online form.